Do you like 'home' movies? You'll like this one! Like to join in?
On Saturday 18th February at 7pm, as part of the State of Sustainability Program, MOLM (Meeting of Like Minds inner west ES online community) will be hosting the screening of the movie 'HOME' as part of Transitions Film Festival, aimed at connecting likeminded non-profit community groups and environmentally conscious organisations across the State.This event, developed by the Sustainable Living Festival, is being organised as a simultaneous satellite event, in collaboration with local grassroots organisations, to assist them in bringing together their community to spark discussion on the challenges of sustainability.
As the representative of MOLM (& MAWFREG - Maidstone & West Footscray Residents Group) I've instigated this event, getting support, venue organised, etc. Now, I'd like to invite YOU as the representative of YOUR local environmental sustainability group, to join me as a 'collaborator' and participate in the promotion, running and hosting of this event. For more information on this unique cinematic masterpiece, please visit the official website here: http://www.homethemovie.org/en
You will have the opportunity to chat to attendees, promote your group at the event, encourage 'newbies' to join your distribution networks and get them involved in your activities.....so a great chance for a membership drive and increase numbers and awareness around 'ES'. You are welcome to bring along promotional material for distribution.
Yarraville Community Centre has kindly shown their support by offering their venue along with local Greens MP, Colleen Hartland MLC, who has also offered her support.
How it will work....
Your part as a 'collaborator' is to contribute in promoting the event via your email networks, put up some posters, help set-up/clean-up on the day and be there as your group's representative and talk to attendees, making them feel welcome. No costs involved, just some 'hard yakka' contributed by you to help run it and hopefully gain the flow-on benefits to your group as part of our ES community in the West.
The event is to be a free event although donations at the door will be most welcome to cover the basic costs of tea, coffee, cleaning, etc.
- Event: Saturday 18th February from 7pm until ~9.30pm in the Hall at Yarraville Community Centre, (59 Francis Street, Yarraville http://www.ycc.net.
au/) as part of the Sustainable Living Festival's (SLF) Transition Film Festival.
- 'HOME' to be shown at 7pm (90 minutes duration) with coffee/snacks/chat afterwards
- People required to assist on the day with set-up (from ~5pm) chairs, equipment, etc, and pack-up/clean-up afterwards
- I suggest we advertise asking attendees to bring a plate of food to share and their own cups to make it a more eco-friendly event - just need people to set this up in readiness for end of film
- Maybe ask for rsvp's (to email@example.com or text to 0432 857 266) so we get some idea of seating requirements (as the venue has limits obviously). If there is a great demand, we can always hold another event at a later date.
- Once SLF organisers have forwarded the artwork for posters, flyers, as part of the statewide promotional campaign, these will be forwarded to you for distribution amongst your networks, and physical display in various locations around the inner west.
- I'm happy to liaise with local media for photoshoots, media release, etc, in order to obtain their support and event coverage....or you can have your 5 seconds of fame if you'd like?
Are you interested in being a 'collaborator'? Please let me know asap, so I can include your group's name in the promotional material for the media, which will have to happen shortly. Once we have this info, an official invitation to the public can go out on our networks and via media.
Do you have any questions or any ideas to contribute? What about a speaker after the film? Any ideas who? Take a look at the 'HOME' webpage to check out what it's all about (poster attached). So, let me know....Feel free to pass this info onto anyone you think relevant. I look forward to hearing from you all soon. ps. some groups have already indicated their support but no limits to how many, so get in touch! Apologies for any cross posts. Once I have interested groups' details, we will be sending out the official public invitation.